We believe ALL CHILDREN HAVE MUSICAL POTENTIAL. Tickled Ivories is committed to providing an exceptional, fun piano experience for children where learning is accomplished through discovery and play.
Music moves us all. It moves us physically, intellectually, emotionally,
Tickled Ivories classesencourage musical exploration, discovery, imitation, and creativity.Our lessons carefully consider the stages of children’s growth and development and acknowledgeindividuallearning styles. Individuals who appreciate the intrinsic value of musical instruction deliver our product with integrity.
Piano instruction gives children life advantages and prepares a foundation for future success both academically and beyond. Here are some reasons why:
- Provides educational advantages
- Numerous studies available show children who play an instrument score higher on both standard and spatial cognitive development tests alike
- Increases coordination
- Increased eye-hand coordination is almost a given for children that learn to play the piano. Children who play the piano have improved fine motor skills and, unlike other instruments, the piano requires both hands to work independently of each other.
- Increases concentration
- Reading a piece of music takes extreme focus. Students must first interpret a note and a rhythm, and then translate it onto the keyboard. Reading and playing music requires children to think both critically and creatively, skills for success in a multitude of other endeavors
- Increases language and thinking skills
- Music is a language. Studies prove that language acquisition occurs with greater ease and proficiency when begun at a young age. Piano performance requires, children to translate those strange marks on thelines and then generate music on an instrument. This learning process enhances the area of the brain that processes new languages.
- Increases math skills
- Music and math are connected. Musical concepts of rhythm and meter reinforce mathematical concepts. Piano lessons can increase math skills and aptitude.
- Increases confidence and pride
- Piano lessons can encourage and provide a sense of accomplishment for children. As children acquire new skills and experience positive reinforcement in class, their self-esteem improves. Children thrive when praised and we celebrate all musical accomplishments, both great and small!
- Develops a lifelong skill
- Playing piano is much like riding a bike. When children take lessons at a young age, they develop musical skills to last a lifetime. While they may not continue lessons indefinitely or perhaps change instruments in the future, piano lessons establish an excellent foundation in music.
- Group lessons provide an inviting atmosphere for learning
- The fun shared by children participating in group lessons is contagious! The peer experience helps to minimize fear or intimidation and encourages imitation and learning.
Make a joyful noise!